Effective date: May 31, 2018 Foundation For The Art & Science Of Learning LLC (“FASL“) operates megathinking.pltworkbench.com and may operate other websites. It is FASL’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites. This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data. This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of FASL.
Information Collection and UseWe collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you. Like most website operators, FASL collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. FASL’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how FASL’s visitors use its website. From time to time, FASL may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Types of Data Collected
Personal DataWhile using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- School District and Title
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Contact details history
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held and the associated payment methods used
- Marketing data, including history of communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on megathinking.pltworkbench.com blogs/sites. FASL only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
- From you directly and any information from associates or beneficiaries of products and services
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- Business partners or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business
Business TransfersIf FASL, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that FASL goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of FASL may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Use of DataFASL may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. FASL may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, FASL does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described. FASL discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on FASL’s behalf or to provide services available at FASL’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. FASL will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. FASL takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. FASL uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services
- To update your records
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To monitor the usage of our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To improve operation of our business and that of our business partners
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To share information, as needed, with business partners, service providers or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- FASL will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law EnforcementUnder certain circumstances, FASL may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal RequirementsFASL may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of FASL
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
- To protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. FASL aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where FASL relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
AnalyticsWe may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics